We are not currently looking for any staff for our stores, you are welcome however to apply for a role and your application will be kept on file for 6 weeks. You will be contacted if a position becomes available.
Applicants should demonstrate in a cover letter their knowledge of trading cards, video games and a strong attention to detail.
A typical successful job applicant with the Game Center Narellan - Gametraders Macarthur Square will have the following list of Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge and a passion for our industry and our products
- Trading Cards
- Tabletop Gaming
- Console and Retro Gaming
- Collectibles and Pop-Culture
- Board Games
- Communication Skills and experience
- Writing and speaking with clarity
- Effective listening skills
- A drive and desire to communicate
- Willing and able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to give and take feedback
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Working knowledge of Social Media, Microsoft Office, and general computing
- An attitude and outlook which aligns with our Core values – Honesty, Openness, Excitement and Reliability.
Please note, the Game Center Narellan and Campbelltown holds events and tournaments where children attend. A working with children check number may need to be provided if you are successful.
This position would be available at both of our stores:
The Game Center - Campbelltown
4/42-44 Queen Street
Campbelltown NSW 2560
The Game Center - Narellan
2/9 Yarmouth Place
Smeaton Grange NSW 2567
If you are interested in applying please follow all of the steps outlined below. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered.
- Applications are to be made online through email only, paper copies will not be considered.
- Email a cover letter stating what would make you a valuable member of the store, when you would be able to begin working for the store and what improvements in the store you think could be made.
- In the email include a current copy of your resume including at least two professional referees (not family members)
- In the email include your availability for every day of the week
- Please include in your cover letter your experience with retro video games (let us know which consoles you have played and owned in the past); trading cards (you can let us know your preferred format and tales of epic games you have had and if you had the job what type of tournaments you would like to assist in running); and board games (tell us which games you have played or ones you have wished you had the chance to play).
The email address for all applications is: email@example.com.
Your details will be kept securely on file for 30 days.